CODE OF CONDUCT
Os Primeiros students will...
- Treat faculty, peers, and guests with respect.
- Use appropriate language and behavior at all school events.
- Abide by all rules and norms, including a zero-tolerance policy regarding drugs and alcohol on Avenues/Civi-Co grounds, trips, and at Avenues events.
- Speak to and about each other with respect and kindness.
- Recognize that social media is also a place where respect and kindness is expected and required.
- Be inclusive, not exclusive.
- Dress according to the Avenues style guide for all classes and school-related activities.
- Represent themselves and our school well in public by wearing appropriate clothing and presenting themselves professionally.
Social Media and Cell Phone Policy
- Not use cell phones for any purpose during school hours unless instructed to do so by a teacher.
- Not use social media during school hours.
- Be on time to school each day. School begins at 8:00am so you should plan to arrive before that time.
- Be present, on time, and prepared for all activities.
- Recognize that Civi-Co is a co-working space with other professionals and behave appropriately for a professional work environment. We have to keep our noise down and never disrupt other professionals sharing our space.
- Remain on the 2nd floor at Civi-Co during class time and break times unless otherwise instructed.
- Be accountable to yourself, your classmates, your instructors, and your parents.
- Welcome and respect our hosts when we are visiting, giving them your full attention.
- Work with faculty and peers to create a productive workspace for yourself.
- Work with faculty and peers to create a productive workspace for others.