Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
—W. Arthur Lewis
- Students pursue an area in depth for multiple years.
- Students produce a capstone project or experience that has undergone multiple iterations.
- Students engage in small communities of peers dedicated to similar work.
- Student mastery projects are guided by Avenues mentors.
- Students share their final projects with the larger community (both Avenues and outside groups).
Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi, Creativity
Anders Ericsson and Robert Pool, Peak
Robert Greene, Mastery
E. Paul Torrance, "The Importance of Falling in Love with Something" http://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Torrance-falling-in-love-with-something.pdf